“Ooo-la-la, these tasty little morsels are like eating brownies! Crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle. These to-die-for cookies are a contribution from my best baking bud, Bonny. If you can bake it, she can make it… and boy, can this girl bake! Pair these with some vanilla ice cream for a real treat. This will yield about 24 cookies”
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 Tbs salted butter
- 7 Tbs unsweetened cocoa
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (Bonny uses Fage 2 %)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt, and soda. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium low heat. Remove from heat when melted.
- Stir in cocoa and both sugars, mix well. Stir in yogurt and vanilla then stir in the flour mixture.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Bonny’s cookie trick is to use an ice cream scooper that about an inch and a half wide to scoop and shape the dough. Place about 3 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on the baking sheet for 2-4 minutes or until firm. Remove from sheets and place on a wire cooling rack.