“A flavorful bean dish that works great as a side or a stand alone meal. I borrowed this recipe from PCC Natural Food Market. It’s also Vegetarian, Vegan, Corn-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free, Tree nut-free and Wheat-free but NOT flavor-free! Very full flavored and delicious”
- 4 cans garbanzo beans
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 5 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 5 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 bunch Italian parsley, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced dried Turkish apricots
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, rinsed, drained and
checked for pits
- Rinse canned beans well and drain.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, Dijon mustard,
marjoram, oregano, paprika, salt and black pepper until dressing is combined. Toss with beans.
- Combine onion, parsley, apricots and olives with bean/dressing mixture. Let marinate in refrigerator for several hours before serving.
273 calories per 1/2 cup serving