- 1 cup of Quinoa flour plus 1/4 cup Quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter, slightly cooled
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp quinoa flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Place the 1 cup quinoa flour and butter in a medium bowl and mix well. Add the water, and make a soft dough using your hands. If dough is too sticky slowly add some of the 1/4 cup quinoa flour until workable.
- Grease a 9-inch round baking dish or spray with cooking oil. Press mixture evenly into dish and set aside.
- For the filling, heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and add vegetables, garlic & 1/4 tsp salt. Saute until the vegetables are tender. Spoon the vegetables evenly over the crust and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Wisk the eggs, milk, quinoa flour, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour the mixture over the vegetables and cheese.
- Bake the quiche on the center oven rack for 30 minutes, or until the center is set. Let stand 8-10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve immediatley. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days.
- Quinoa flour is totally worth the effort to find as it is a complete protien with all 10 essential aminos. If you have a Kitchenaid Mixer, you can buy a grain mill attachment for under $100. I grind my own flour from Quinoa. Super easy!