“A delightful sweet loaf with raspberry swirl. The topping is optional but scrumptious! I find that the loaf is super sweet without the topping but because the loaf doesn’t last more than a day in my home . . . why add more sugar? Either way, you’ll have raving fans (if you don’t eat it all first!).”
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine sugar, butter, lemon rind, 1 tsp vanilla, egg, and egg white in large bowl. Beat with mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spread half of batter mixture into a 8×4 loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon raspberry over top, leaving a 1/4- inch border. Spread remaining batter over raspberry mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 55 min or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes on wire rack, remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For optional drizzle topping, combine 1/8 tsp vanilla, powdered sugar and milk in small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over loaf.
- Don’t eat the whole thing before the company arrives!