Okay, so this isn’t really a recipe. It’s more like a bit of guidance. Then you get to do what you want with it. I love this bowl because on Sunday night, I cook the beets, chickpeas, sweet potatoes and quinoa. I then chop the kale and store all the ingredients in the separate containers in the fridge. I whip up the lemon-tahini dressing and I’m ready to go. Then when I need a grab and go lunch (or dinner!) that week, I simply put together a to-go container with a bit of all the ingredients in it, drizzle with dressing, and I’m on my way. I never measure the dressing. I simply start with tahini, add in a few freshly squeezed lemons, add lots and lots of minced garlic, a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a little drizzle of maple syrup. Then I taste, and add more of what I feel it needs.
- 1 cup dried quinoa, cooked
- 2 small or 1 large sweet potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1 cup of canned or dried and cooked chickpeas
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, destemmed, chopped, and massaged with olive oil
- 2-3 small golden beets, peeled, chopped in cubes, and steamed
- Sunflower seeds
- Dried cranberries